Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Upcoming screenings of "Schooled"

From: melek cilingir <melekcilingir_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 21 03:08:00 2007

dear brooks, congratulations! i am very happy to hear that you finalized the project. it is really great. i am looking forward to seeing the movie actually, although i am too far in turkey. anyway please let me know if there will be dvd project also. it would be great to have it as we work on establishing a foundation that will serve to found democratic school here. very glad that all your efforts is rewarded. keep working all the best melek ----- Original Message ---- From: Brooks Elms <lbrookse@earthlink.net> To: discuss-sudbury-model@svsmail.net Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:39:55 AM Subject: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Upcoming screenings of "Schooled" Hello Everybody, Back in July of '06, I posted to this list about my new feature film entitled "Schooled." It's a character study about a traditional high school teacher who finds his way to school based on the Sudbury Valley model, which fundamentally challenges then transforms his outlook on children and authority. Here's the website: www.SchooledTheFilm.com I'm posting today to give you an update on the screenings. We've been invited to have our World Premiere at The MethodFest in LA, which is THE festival dedicated to showcasing breakout acting performances. I'm very excited that the film has been recognized by the industry in this way. Even though our film stars relatively unknown up-and-coming actors (including a few cameos by Fairhaven alumni Ben Umstead) the known actors with films at The MethodFest include: John Travolta, Christopher Plummer, James Gandolfini, Ellen Burstyn, Roise Perez, Laura Linney, Gabriel Byrne, Salma Hayek, Jared Leto, Laura Dern, David Strathairn... So it's a very special honor for our film to be included with other actors of that caliber. www.MethodFest.com The World Premiere will be on Tuesday, April 3rd, at 7:15pm. And if anybody is close enough to LA and want to check it out they can go to the website, or e-mail me off-list [lbrookse@gmail.com] for more details. Also, we're in the process of setting up a promotional screening with the Diablo Valley School, in Northern California, to help celebrate their 10th Anniversary. ALL of the Bay Area Sudbury Model schools are warmly invited to join us for that screening (ESPECIALLY The Cedarwood Sudbury School who was gracious enough to let the lead actor and I hang around for a day doing research for the script - a few years ago) The Bay Area screening is tentatively planned for April 23 or 24th. Please contact me off list for more details. And in May, I'd love to do a week long tour of screenings on the east coast. There are a few schools over there we've already been talking with, and if there are any other schools on this list that are located between Fairhaven in DC and Sudbury Valley in Massachusettes who would like to do a screening (with a Q&A from me to follow the show) please let me know off-list and we'll see if we can set something up. Thanks so much for letting me spread the word and I'm very excited about getting to finally meet some of you in person after being on this list for many years! All the best, Brooks Elms writer-director "Schooled" _______________________________________________ Discuss-sudbury-model mailing list Discuss-sudbury-model@svsmail.net http://svsmail.net/mailman/listinfo.cgi/discuss-sudbury-model ____________________________________________________________________________________ Need Mail bonding? Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo! Answers users. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396546091