RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] parents on campus

From: Amanda Phillips <aphillips_at_law.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri Dec 1 13:31:10 2006

I'm reminded of the joke about the two economists who walk past the Jaguar
dealer. One economist says to the other, "I really want one of those sweet
Jaguars!" The other economist replies, "Obviously not!"

It seems like if the kids really wanted something strongly enough, they
would work hard to get it. If they say they want something but don't push
for it, then maybe they didn't want it that badly. It's kind of circular,
but still true I think.

Amanda

  _____