RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] 7 Lessons Taught in School

From: Dilyara Breyer <dilyara_at_bigrock.org>
Date: Wed Nov 29 01:36:00 2006

Ann,

Yes, it is, of course, possible. Then I would put the parents in the
resource category. We have people who want to volunteer their skills. We
would then file their strength/skills and when a student states the need
(brings it as a motion to the SM or goes to resource clerk or any staff
member and asks for help) we would check our resource file.
In our school we had a parent teach a painting class and I know that in one
of the Canadian schools a qualified parent taught a CPR and first aid
course. So it happens occasionally.

It has not happen in our school for a couple of years now. Most of the time
those kids just want to learn things on their own and do not ask for help :)

Dilyara