Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] 7 Lessons Taught in School

From: Caren Knox-Hundley <carenkh_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Nov 28 12:42:08 2006

I don't see it as "protecting" them from me. We are currently
unschooling. I have seen first-hand how differently my boys act when
not around me -- it's just a fact of life. We have a wonderful, open
relationship - aided by the unschooling process, and now through
consensual living ( http://www.consensual-living.com/ ) but the fact
remains, they are their own people, and my presence affects their
behavior.

I think the history of Sudbury Valley School speaks for itself in
this regard. The autonomy of the child is paramount, and because of
the inherently dependent relationship kids have with their parents,
it would be compromised.

Gassho~
Caren
in Charlotte, NC