Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] 7 Lessons Taught in School

From: Andrey Fedorov <fedorov_at_rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 27 21:51:17 2006

What bothers me, personally, about his views, is that he recommends home
schooling as the only and perfect alternative; as if it's absolutely
impossible to have an institution of learning that's any better than what he
experienced, and as if there are no possible problems homeschooling can
have.

Schools based on the Sudbury model seem to be serve as counter-examples, but
it's not possible to say if such a model can be distributed nationally. For
example, could it be that the Sudbury model depends on heavy participation
of parents in their children's education, which (at the moment) is
unfeasible on a national level?

This is just a guess from the impression I have of the model... am I talking
nonsense?

- Andrey