Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] "setting limits"

From: Scott David Gray <sgray_at_unseelie.org>
Date: Sun Oct 29 23:21:01 2006

On 10/29/06, Woty <wotyfree_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott,
>
> If it was the no running and roughhousing rule being transgressed, do
> you think it would make a difference whether it was a staff member or
> a student who saw it?

Well, different people react differently to different things. Most
staff members are more likely than most students to write a complaint
about running and roughhousing or abuse of property. This has to do
with a difference in the staff role and the student role. A student is
in the school is there to take care of his or her own life, welfare,
and education; while staff are paid to take care of the institution
and community as a whole.