RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Reading Suggestions

From: Melissa Bradford <melissa.bradford_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Sep 26 10:11:01 2006

What makes a book discussion choice interesting for me is not that the
book is perfect or that I agree with it all, but that it makes me look
at things in new ways. Both Everything Bad is Good for You and Judith
Harris' book are great at looking at our common assumptions, such as
"the way children turn out is totally dependent on what their parents
do" and "video games & tv dumb us down", and causing us to reflect and
question those assumptions. This is what I like about them, because I
think that is the exact thought process we need to get people to rethink
their common assumptions about education.

~ Melissa