RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Reading Suggestions

From: Melissa Bradford <melissa.bradford_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Sep 25 18:58:00 2006

Along the lines of "Killing Monsters", I'd also recommend "Everything
Good is Bad for You: How Today's Popular Culture Is Actually Making Us
Smarter", by Steven Johnson". I really enjoyed this book! I was glad
to find out my favorite TV shows are good for me. :-)

Along the lines of parenting books, "Raising Self-Reliant Children in a
Self-Indulgent World" by H Stephen Glenn was one that resonated with me
when I was a new parent, and certainly helped me be open to the ideas of
Sudbury education.

Melissa
Illinois