RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Reading Suggestions

From: Lynanne Fowle <lynanne_at_thefowles.com>
Date: Mon Sep 25 14:30:00 2006

Try "One Kid at a Time" by Eliot Levine. Even if you're not sold on his
concept of "the best" school, he definitely debunks the "butts in the desk"
model and samples of his chapters are: "What Should Students Learn?",
"Learning Through Interests", "Learning Through Everything", "Personalized
Learning", etc. His perspective is that of an urban high school reengineered
to offer disadvantaged students a completely different way to prepare for
life, but it's a great read and a terrific tool for sparking discussion.

Lynanne Fowle

  _____