[Discuss-sudbury-model] video gaming @ school?

From: rosetta star <rosettastarshine_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 15:42:00 2006

hello I'm new to discussion groups and sudbury model schools. i am enrolling my 8 year old son in a new school in asheville NC. The school allows video gaming and it is my only concern. i allow him to play these games but free gaming all day seems like the equivalent of offering chocolate bars as a dinner option. is freedom to "game" typical at other sudbury model schools? is it a hot topic? how do others handle this one? any advice? thanks rosetta star