[Discuss-sudbury-model] Hurry up and graduate

From: Dr. Evan Hughes <evanhughes_at_juno.com>
Date: Mon Jul 24 10:06:01 2006

     Tim,
     I graduated from SVS in 1996 and went on to become a doctor myself. There was the
potential to graduate at 17 and 'get going' with the academic path but I decided to wait a
year and 'bake' a little more at SVS. I can't honestly tell you what I did that last year, but it
was the best choice I could have made.
     Another word on academics and preparing for college; Don't bother doing it early. I had
to learn algebra and chemistry at the same time in a summer course because I didn't have
the algebra I "needed" (somehow I got past the entrance tests and they didn't know my
math skills where missing.) As a result it solidified my ability to make math applicable in
science by learning one with the other. Right now I would *SUCK* on a straight math test,
but plug Physics or chemistry in to it and it comes alive-for me.
     I've said it many times, Sudbury Vally is the most advanced learning facility I have ever
been to. I'm not sure why someone would be quick to get out of there. Although, one
greatness to the system is that it won't try to stop you.

Evan