[Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: Discuss-sudbury-model digest, Vol 1 #371 - 8 msgs

From: Lynne Thompson <latkt2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jul 21 20:45:01 2006

Hi,

  My name is Lynne T. and I am fascinated with alternative schools and have just recently learned about Sudbury. We have a Waldorf school near us, but it's not exactly what I want for my kids. We live in NJ and there isn't a lot offered in private schools that are alternative.

  We were considering a move to CT anyway, and once I saw that there were sudbury schools there, even more reason to move.

  I do have a question--my son (8) thinks it sounds like paradise there (he tinkers and studies at home for long periods, and regular school is hard on him). My daughter (10) is less than thrilled with the idea. She enjoys the structure of regular school (well, most of the time).

  I worry for their creative souls:-)

  Anyone here ever had just some of their kids in a Sudbury?

  Thanks
  Lynne

I blog--check it out:
  http://www.suenogrande.blogspot.com

  "The greatest scientists are artists as well. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world."

-Albert Einstein