Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] SCHOOLED

From: <Evfocus_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Jul 21 09:39:00 2006

I think movies like this are a reminder of how little power people see
themselves having in their own lives. The sad about a movie like this is its not a
movie about people becoming effective adults but about getting to be children.
In a society where where we direct so much of our childrens activities it
nseems a radical notion for students of a college to "learn what they want to
learn" without a teacher or parent directing it. Sad that they need a college
that will give them permission to do this.

I am grateful I found a Sudbury model school for my daughters to attend.

Evelyn Hardesty
Diablo Valley School