RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] SCHOOLED

From: Marilu Diaz <madiaz_at_puertorico.fcb.com>
Date: Thu Jul 20 16:06:01 2006

I would have to see it to know exactly how it is portrayed. It might have a
serious and very real message at the end, you know comedy movies tend to do
that.

In general, I think at the end it will create tremendous awareness among
'the target group' (young kids), which is great, it might become the next
'cool' way of schooling. I think this can be a great opportunity for
democratic schooling movements to get out there and promote and expose
themselves as an existing real choice for everyone, perhaps handing out
brochures, or even creating a cheap 15ss ad (can be made in any format,
cinemas transfer them). Even if the parents who watch the movie might get
scared by the wackiness of it all, the exposure of the kids to the concept
will create enough pressure on the system.

Marilu

  _____