Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Introduction, reopening the encouragement/enticement debate

From: <Hunderhill_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jun 14 02:15:00 2006

I have neither taught nor attended an SVS school, so I don't know whether
your "postings" are legitimate indications of the resources available. My
understanding of the model, however, is that the requests should, must come from
the kids. Your knowledge of drugs and Akido is who you are, not "things to
teach." I've recently become interested in math, but I've managed to find
adequate teachers on my own. Part of the "education" I suspect is in HOW
to find resources. Your enthusiasm is wonderful, but to me still "feels" a
bit to much of a "I WANT TO SHOW OFF WHAT I LOVE. COME BE MY STUDENT."
  Perhaps I misjudge you. If so, I do apologize. I am merely imagining
now how I might react as a student. I'd want to know you and like you as
a person before I entered into any training contract with you for Akido.
Doesn't Akido teach patience? Wouldn't your "enticement" suggest that the
virtues of a sensei were not yet developed within you?????
HARLAN