[Discuss-sudbury-model] schools in the boonies (was: Erik's post about starting a school)

From: Erik Haugsjaa <ehaugsjaa_at_weblogz.org>
Date: Fri Apr 28 14:17:00 2006

Thanks Stuart and Melissa,

So how do we get lots of seed money and people on board?!

I'm most interested to hear from schools with 40+ kids that
are in the boonies, out of reach of megalopolis families.
There are very few people in Western MA -- everyone is
out east.

Actually it amazes me that even in the Boston-area with
6+ million people that SVS is as small as it is!

So, anyone care to comment? Hudson Valley? Who has
been able to get their numbers up to the point of not
feeling like a "small" school despite being in the
middle of nowhere?

(Just reading and reading thru the archives and Collection
packs from the starter kit for thoughts from founders...)

And yes, if it comes to this...
I think we will move closer to Framingham rather than
subject ourselves and kids to 1.25+ hr drives.

Erik