Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Attending school barefoot

From: Ann Ide <ann.ide_at_rcn.com>
Date: Thu Mar 9 20:24:00 2006

LOL! I didn't read it that way at all. I can easily understand how someone
new to the model would find kids being barefoot at school something to
question, especially if they are thinking of sending their own child.

From what I have observed, many kids go barefoot at SVS. I have even seen
kids barefoot outside in the winter. The only clothing rules I am aware of
have to do with decency (I'm sure that's a slippery slope) and personal
safety (when temperatures get below a certain level in the winter).

So when the kids get home, they can't just take off their dirty shoes, they
have to go wash their feet!

Ann