Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Attending school barefoot

From: Woty <wotyfree_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 9 00:37:00 2006

On Mar 9, 2006, at 3:32, timhoent2345hg_at_juno.com wrote:

> Hello. I have heard that many Sudbury schools allow the students
> to attend barefoot. Is this true? I personally think that this is
> a good idea. It gives the students a chance to be comfortable
> during their school day.
>
> I was just wondering how this idea originated in the Sudbury
> model? And, I was curious as to how many students actually do
> chose to attend barefoot.

Allowing barefootedness wouldn't really need to originate in any
particular way. It'd just be allowed unless the school meeting
decided to ban it for some reason, or if it was judged inconsistent
with a general rule (barefoot in the woodshop might violate a general
safety rule, for instance).

If student clothing isn't dangerous or likely to get the school in
trouble, it's not anyone's business.

~Woty