Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] (no subject)

From: cheryl huff <chuff57_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Mar 2 16:02:00 2006

"I think for some "ADD/ADHD" kids, the "problem" is that their brains
are so excited about information that they create their own alternative
viewpoints. They are therefore more likely to come up with answers
that, while correct in actuality, are incorrect in terms of the
prescribed curriculum."

I think you are absolutely right about this, Tay - my son is always seeing
things from a different angle - outside the box - and it is usually more
interesting than rote, stock answers, but it isn't encouraged or
appreciated by the very traditional system...we give lip service in our
culture to how great ingenuity is but it is squelched very early on in
these schools.
cheryl huff
chuff57_at_earthlink.net