Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] The Phantom of ADD/ADHD

From: Tay Arrow Sherman <tay_at_anatomyofhope.net>
Date: Fri Feb 24 13:52:01 2006

I don't know which issues Dr. Hughes had in mind, but I am supposedly
"ADD", and I also have gluten intolerance. I wonder if they are
related...? The ADD diagnosis came about ten years prior to the gi
diagnosis. A lot of people have linked certain types of autism to a
particular reaction to casein and gluten, and for some people with
autism, following a gf/cf diet is supposedly very helpful in terms of
functionality. Gluten and casein are the proteins in wheat/barley/rye
and in milk products, respectively. It seems like intolerance to
certain sources of protein can interfere with brain function. I know
that my attention span and memory improved drastically when I quit
eating the foods I could not tolerate. I also know that most food
intolerance is very, very hard to diagnose.

-Tay

http://www.tayarrowsherman.com/
http://www.olio-academy.com/