Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] ADD and ADHD

From: Mimsy Sadofsky <mimsys_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Feb 18 10:30:00 2006

Cheryl,

Quite few Sudbury schools are, in fact, looking for new staff, which
is what I think you are referring to. The only thing to do is email
each one asking; all of the email addresses are available at
www.sudval.org in the "other schools" section.

Mimsy

On Feb 18, 2006, at 9:51 AM, cheryl huff wrote:

> Thank you so much, Tay and everyone, for your helpful responses. As a
> parent, I feel instinctively that the diagnosis of possible ADHD for
> my son
> is a construct of a flawed system, one which has no honor for
> differences -
> or preferences - in learning or development, and is simply an attempt
> force him to fit into a model of a child that doesn't exist. It is so
> frustrating, because he is so wise, funny, and he learns at an
> astonishing
> clip outside the classroom. All I can do is try to find a way to move
> where there is an SV school. I am a college teacher but often believe
> it
> would be smarter to be an SV participant. Does anyone know of a school
> looking for new people? I currently teach humanities, philosophy and
> English and have a wide range of interests beyond those I use to
> survive...
>
> cheryl huff
> chuff57_at_earthlink.net

>>> 1-       diet. Children with allergic reactions to foods not right