Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] ADD and ADHD

From: cheryl huff <chuff57_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Feb 18 09:52:00 2006

Thank you so much, Tay and everyone, for your helpful responses. As a
parent, I feel instinctively that the diagnosis of possible ADHD for my son
is a construct of a flawed system, one which has no honor for differences -
or preferences - in learning or development, and is simply an attempt to
force him to fit into a model of a child that doesn't exist. It is so
frustrating, because he is so wise, funny, and he learns at an astonishing
clip outside the classroom. All I can do is try to find a way to move to
where there is an SV school. I am a college teacher but often believe it
would be smarter to be an SV participant. Does anyone know of a school
looking for new people? I currently teach humanities, philosophy and
English and have a wide range of interests beyond those I use to survive...

cheryl huff
chuff57_at_earthlink.net