Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] question

From: Marvin K. Mooney <dragonxbait_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 16 17:20:00 2006

The albany free school is not sudbury model in terms
of its governance structure, but the freedom to move
about and choose their activities is very similar (my
nephew has attended there in the past). One of the
staff at the free school has written a book called
"Teaching the Restless : One School's Remarkable
no-Ritalin Approach to Helping Children Learn and
Succeed". It discusses in a largely anecdotal fashion
their experiences with children who come to the school
with these sorts of diagnoses and how they fare in a
less restrictive environment. I think it is worth a
read if you are interested in this topic even if you
do not agree with the way the free school runs
themselves.

Courtney Chase