Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Non-coercive education

From: Robin Jackson <emilyrobin54_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Feb 14 19:03:00 2006

Woty,
  Here is some information I have compiled about non-coercive theories as well as practice of education or learning. They include historic and current approaches, all -- I think -- intellectually honest. Rousseau and Tolstoy are interesting to read on this question, as are John Taylor Gatto, John Holt, David Albert, etc. etc. on my list.
  http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0838/is_131/ai_n14867833
  http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/education/homeschooling-resources.html
I hope this helps.
  Robin
Ian McKay <tidalpool_at_ns.sympatico.ca> wrote: If you are including learning that occurs outside a "class" I would look
into unschooling as well.

Ian McKay
Webmaster
http://www.amimckay.com