Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Published, LA Times re school attendance incentives

From: <JMMancasola_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jan 4 13:36:01 2006

Sally wrote:

"Yes, well, that's what I'm talking about...that currently states decide on
whether school attendance is mandatory but I'd like to see government
entities out of the business of having that power and attendance
requirements be decided by each particular school."

I think there are some states in which a school could allow more freedom to
its students regarding attendance policies. I'd like to hear more about
sudbury model schools who have decided that frequency of attendance should be left
up to each individual student. Are there any? Molly