[Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: BFS

From: Arlynn Liebster <abfab_at_abfabinc.com>
Date: Fri Dec 23 20:29:00 2005

Isaac Graves: The Brooklyn Free School was being dissed on this list a
couple of weeks ago by someone saying that the school was not a SVS school
at all b/c it has founders and a list of rules that were put there by the
founders instead of the faculty being voted in or fired yearly by the
students that the school employs them and not the student body, stuff like
that. Since you are now on this list, you can discuss your own school and
the reasons why you founded it with a list of rules that the students did
not devise democratically, if that is how the school was founded or not,
since that is the accusation being levied at your school on this list.
Someone wants to open a "really" free NYC SVS school and the BFS was
mentioned and then there was the post about BFS not being a free school at
all. I was inputting my own 2 cents about why I thought the BFS had a set of
rules instituted by the founders based on my conversations with one of them
(who will remain unnamed). -Arlynn