Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Re: eating

From: <freekids_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Dec 16 12:00:00 2005

There is such a complicated dynamic surrounding parents, children and
food that it's hard to deconstruct it in a brief post. Suffice to say
that almost every parents struggles with this issue to some degree or
other. When our children are babies feeding them is the single most
important thing we do every day, and it's hard to let that imperitive
fade into the background as they mature.

I sympathise with your frustration; my sister has two extremely picky
boys and another one in the making. My own son is a dream to feed, but
even he started shunning food he loved only a year ago. I'm certain
he'll broaden his tastes again later. In the meantime he's become
quite thin and recently struggled with anemia and I've had to become
somewhat coercive in order to help him recover. There are other areas
where I am somewhat authoratative, and I struggle with it but at home
it is occasionally neccessary. At school, where I am staff, I am
different.

Good luck with the food,
Karen at Cedarwood