Sheep (Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] tv and thinking)

From: Woty <wotyfree_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 8 02:42:00 2005

On Dec 7, 2005, at 20:44, Jesse Gallagher wrote:

> Do tens of millions of people really see positive
> aspects of the Bush administration, for instance, that
> we don't see? Do they really have data available to
> them that allows them to support the multitude
> criminal acts of this group of liars, murderers, and
> thieves? Or are they simply uncritically thinking,
> believing, and doing what they're told by the voices
> in their televisions?

I disagree with you about Bush. That is why I voted for him. So did
many other people who support the Sudbury model.

SVS is a place that uses democratic decision making and respects the
rights of children, not a place that gives children carefully
measured freedom so that they can grow up uncorrupted by bad social
influences and save the world. It's neither left nor right wing as an
institution, and taking that seriously is absolutely vital to
understanding the model.

~Woty