RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Learning piano?

From: Eli Roth <eliroth_at_cwo.com>
Date: Wed Dec 7 22:57:00 2005

I am so amused by this discussion. My daughter (5-1/2) plays piano -- for
about 5-15 minutes at a time, several times a day as she happens to walk by
the piano. I actually have to use loss of piano privileges as leverage to
get anything else done. She does not take lessons and probably would rebel
against any such thing, but she is getting quite good at sounding out songs
she knows. I hope we never get to a point where I am pushing her to play or
where she would need such pushing. I hope she will get to the point of
wanting lessons or, at least, further guidance about reading music, etc.

Eli