Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Learning piano?

From: Hughes <hughes0005_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Dec 6 13:54:00 2005

Joseph,

Please oh please promise me you will never ever repeat those words again
that you started too late to.... Unless you are in your 90's and have severe
artritis, you absolutely can become a concert pianist. I had someone tell
me I started studying seriously too late when I was 18 for crying out loud.
A couple of books I recommend... Never Too Late by John Holt, When the Music
Stopped by Tom Cottle, and if you haven't yet read it Education and Ecstasy
by George Leonard. A huge bonus for me when I was raising my kids to have
free minds and spirits was that my own spirit was freed up to be, to do, to
create.
Carol