Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Toddlers and TV

From: Emily Johnson <ejohnson_at_hollins.edu>
Date: Mon Dec 5 19:04:00 2005

I think that it depends on what sort of shows he is choosing to watch. "Dora", for example, is a participatory show--Dora is constantly talking to the viewer, encouraging them to say a word, catch the stars, etc. "Blue's Clues" uses a similar format. It seems reasonable to me that a two-year-old could enjoy a couple shows a day that were participatory. Maybe you could use that as your guide--if he seems to be interacting with the show, it's working for him; if he's only half paying attention, he's probably done. Just my thought from kids I've observed.

Emily Johnson