Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Toddlers and TV

From: Karen Locke <klocke_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon Dec 5 17:55:00 2005

I found with my kids that movement was one of the answers. If they could
move AND watch, tv didn't mesmerize them as much. My son would watch
football and then (or simultaneously ) make some little plays in our
basement. They would pretend to be power rangers, etc.

Interestingly enough, this worked at Disney world too. My son seemed so
overwhelmed with their playacting (or inspired) that he wanted to do some
too - so he became Luke Skywalker for the day.

just observations - don't know what they mean.

Karen