Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Matt's question

From: Tay Arrow Sherman <tay_at_anatomyofhope.net>
Date: Mon Dec 5 16:11:00 2005

Heh. What, you mean you think there aren't video games like that
already?

There's a lot more art around us every day than we're aware of. I mean,
have you heard of this Japanese video game, Katamari Damacy? It is the
ultimate New Media reflection on the capitalist/imperialist impulses of
Postmodern (contemporary) culture. It's also got a really interesting
electronic soundtrack that touches dextrously on several genres of
music, and vibrant Peter Max-inspired graphics.

Going back to what Scott was talking about, my point is that in
interpreting what qualifies as art, high art, low art, pop art,
postmodernists are VERY inclusive. And so should we be-- regarding all
of life as a work of art is not just postmodern chic, it's a good way
to remind yourself to stay on top of having a great life that you're
super engaged in.

-Tay