RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] (biased)

From: Eli Roth <eliroth_at_cwo.com>
Date: Sat Nov 19 22:26:00 2005

In California (and I can only speak with expertise on California law), a
child is not truant if enrolled in a full-time, day school (among other
options). Full-time is not defined in the law and the State does not
attempt to dictate to private schools what their enrollment or
attendance policies must be. Therefore, any child enrolled in a private
school is determined to be not truant upon proof of enrollment and proof
that the school has filed its annual affidavit with the state. The
state does very little regulation of private schools. Many
homeschoolers in California use this method by establishing a private
school at their home.

Eli