Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] what should I do?

From: Ann Ide <ann.ide_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sat Nov 12 13:22:00 2005

I told you that staff would be shocked to hear that he is claiming to be "shy" ! :-) Me, too !

Anyway, Hanna, I appreciate your concern for his privacy. He is totally okay with it, even thought it was strange of me to ask. I am a bit concerned with your phrase "if a parent has a problem with the school". I want to be clear that it is Jesse who has a problem at the school; so, of course, I am concerned. For me, this is very different . We do not have a problem with the school. We love it! Since the issue is so model-related, and not of a personal nature, the approach of posting seemed appropriate and was quick and easy. It's also always good to hear all the responses, and various perspectives.

That said, thank you for providing me with this clarity in procedure. Sounds good. It's not so easy being a Sudbury parent and knowing how to "do it right". When he asked me for help, my first response was that I don't think I'm supposed to. This is our 6th year, and I'm still learning.

We'll be contacting you, and thanks again.

Ann Ide