[Discuss-sudbury-model] what should I do?

From: <Dannyasher_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Nov 12 11:30:00 2005

I am a staff member at Sudbury Valley School and I'm stunned by Ann Ide's
post. I have an excellent relationship with her son, and my experience with
him is that he is not shy at all. However, if he happens to be reticent about
this particular need, I think that Ann should ask him what he wants her to
do. Does he want her to come to school for a conference, to help him figure
this out, or does he want to do this himself?

I wonder how comfortable her son is about having his problems discussed on
the internet, and I wish that Ann had talked to someone at school, with her
son's permission, before she put her question to the public. The "Textbook
picture of the model" that Ann refers to respects the child's privacy above all,
and if a parent has a problem with the school, the best way to deal with it
is to discuss it with the child and come to someone in the school and work it
out.

Hanna Greenberg