Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] legal reality in our "very civilized" nations: compulsory element of (democratic) schools.

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Fri Oct 14 00:15:01 2005

"Summerhill has to do exactly the same as any other school. Legally we are
obliged to have a daily register and we have to mark kids absent if they are
not there. Our pupils are supposed to be at school by 9:30 each weekday.
What time they leave will depend on whether they have afternoon classes.
Generally speaking, most kids are ready to leave by 5:30."

Cheers,
~ David