Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] compulsory element of sudbury model

From: Jeff Collins <jcollins_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu Oct 13 09:33:00 2005

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your answer to my question and your well thought out
explanation.

As you pointed out is it almost impossible (because of state law and the
non-supervision policy) for a Sudbury to allow children under the age of
4 or 5 to participate in the school community. It is also very
difficult for most Sudbury schools to have a tuition as low as you
mention. I do think that there is flexibility in most Sudbury school's
attendance requirements, but certainly the other two concerns cannot be
addressed in the context of a school.

 From your discription of the reasons, it seems like you have more
practical concerns than philosophical concerns.

Jeff