Re: Conservatives (Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Extreme examples of traditional schools)

From: Tay Arrow Sherman <tay_at_anatomyofhope.net>
Date: Tue Oct 11 23:06:00 2005

Agreed. Traditional education or total immersion have been the only way
I have thus far been able to pick up second languages, although it is
the wrong model for me in terms of almost everything else. My partner,
who did well in the ROTC and junior cotillion and things like that,
learns some things better in free environments, but needs structure
from the outside for others. I think it's just a matter of the
individual's ways of thinking and absorbing information.

Tay