Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] compulsory element of sudbury model

From: cheryl huff <chuff57_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Oct 11 07:01:01 2005

Molly, there is a school starting in central Virginia called "Blackberry
Village" that is, I believe, attempting to do what you are suggesting -
create a co-op of sorts for unschooled kids so that they can have a part
time SVS experience...I am not sure what their plan or status is just now,
but they have a website: http://blackberryvillage.info/ They may have
some interesting ideas about the possibilties you are considering for your
future.

I just have to mention that I am a very committed part-time employee
working for four different colleges, for very substandard pay, because I
believe my students and I have something to give each other - but the truth
is, I can avoid some of the "scut" - committee work, administrative junk-
because I come in, teach, and leave. So I fulfill both sides of your
discussion...

Your conversation has given me much to think about, so thank you, Shelli,
Carol, Molly.

cheryl huff
chuff57_at_earthlink.net