Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Better than thou? Well, yes

From: <Freekids_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Oct 10 14:28:00 2005

When it comes to "alienating" people or "shattering their worldview", I think
that if you are honest and they are open, it has to be uncomfortable for
them. I don't see a way around it. Honesty doesn't require that we are
confrontational or even critical of others, but it does require that we don't apologize
for what we do and that we try as hard as possible to get people to hear what
we are actually saying rather than what they want to hear. Avoiding that
disconnect is important and takes a lot of work. Acknowledging that this is a
difficult process for those new to the model is important, as well.

Karen Hyams