Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Better than thou? Well, yes

From: Bendymind <bendymind_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 10 14:19:00 2005

Honesty without pretense is what we owe ourselves first and foremost. There
will be anger and maybe there's a place for it, as you suggest, in its
unadulterated form and as the tool that stokes the fire. For thinkers,
however, to justify its permissible use in the face of those who err toward
condescending hubris is simply unwise. Those who recognize the inevitable
damage incurred by the current schooling system should be more apt to exude
a tolerance toward those who are victims of it, lest we perpetuate the burn
to such an extensive rage that we find ourselves overcome by an
uncontrollable inferno.