Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Better than thou? Well, yes

From: cheryl huff <chuff57_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Oct 10 12:33:00 2005

One thing I haven't seen addressed amidst all the ideology in this forum is
the inherent elitism of a private school with limited enrollment. I know
there are participants who no doubt make sacrifices to have their children
in these schools, but there are people who, regardless of how much they
want more than the public school system for their children, cannot afford
either geographically or financially to have their children in a SVS
environment, or to create one. In my experience this is more of a deterent
than being "philosophically ready for a place as brutally honest as a
Sudbury school".

cheryl huff
chuff57_at_earthlink.net