RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] (no subject)

From: Alan Klein <alan_at_klein.net>
Date: Sun Oct 9 17:01:00 2005

Cheryl,

Have you read any of Dan's books (available from the SVS Press)? They are
among the best descriptions of life in democratic schools that I have read.
I especially like Hanna's chapter in one book (whose title escapes me at the
moment) about the art of doing nothing!

~Alan Klein

  _____

From: cheryl huff
As a sometime philosophy teacher, I appreciate the political rhetoric about
SVS, unschooling etc. I have been reading here, but I am not sure I am
getting much of a picture of what the experience is like especially for very
young children - I've not read the word "nurture" once, or much about the
experience of learning, for that matter. I am hoping to get more of a sense
of it than is present on the various school websites.