Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Slave analogy for public schools.

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Sun Oct 9 14:44:00 2005

What would you regard as a "compromise" between life and death ? Or between truth and faleshood ? Or between reason and irrationality ? The problem is that we are not able to distinguish between them. We have lost -- or maybe never had -- the ability to discriminate between them.

The "poisons" many of us take at various times to cure specific diseases or to eradicate pests -- are medicines, not poisons. It's a matter of semantics.

As to "good" vs. "evil", and the police regularly using informants from the "evildoers'" side in order to achieve what they see as a greater good, maybe that's the problem with our society: "you" compromise on everything. "You" betray your own principles -- if "you" consistently have any.

~ David