[Discuss-sudbury-model] empathy

From: Woty <woty_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun Oct 9 14:43:00 2005

Mark MacFadyen <macfadyen2002_at_yahoo.ca> wrote:
> By a humanistic approach, I mean we try to apply a Rogerian theory
> approach, listening to chidlren, empathizing with their realities
> and being here for them.

You must sometimes be in the position of having to speak to children
about problems that are caused in large part by you making them do
things they do not want to do and should not have to do.

When that happens, are you honest about it, or do you tell them that
you're sorry they're having a hard time and you will help in any way
you can, but right now it's time to do the math project?

~Woty