Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] Slave analogy for public schools.

From: David Rovner <rovners_at_netvision.net.il>
Date: Sun Oct 9 13:01:01 2005

On Sunday, October 09, 2005 Ann Ide <ann.ide_at_rcn.com> wrote:

> Nothing is all good, or all bad.

"There can be no compromise on moral principles. 'In any compromise
between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise
between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.' (Atlas Shrugged.)
The next time you are tempted to ask: 'Doesn't life require compromise ?'
translate that question into its actual meaning: 'Doesn't life require the
surrender of that which is true and good to that which is false and evil ?'
The answer is that that precisely is what life forbides -- if one wishes to
achieve anything but a stretch of tortured years spent in progressive
self-destruction."

[fragment, "Doesn't life require compromise ?", Ayn Rand -- The Virtue of Selfishness.]

~ David