RE: [Discuss-sudbury-model] analogies, and talking "bad"

From: Alan Klein <alan_at_klein.net>
Date: Sun Oct 9 12:42:01 2005

Scott David,

First, thanks for the clarity re Tay's gender and my apologies to you, Tay,
for my error.

Re analogies: I see your distinction between the slavery and the prison
analogies and agree that I was pointing at the prison end of your
distinction. On the other hand, my understanding of prisons is that there is
plenty of regimentation re how one is to use one's time, so the distinction
may break down upon close inspection. Anyway, this is not my area of
expertise!

In any case, my original point still stands, that so long as we decide that,
as you put it, "armed rebellion" is not in order to oppose truancy laws,
then our schools occupy the same moral ground that others do relative to
keeping our kids in "prison".

~Alan Klein