Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] myths of unschooling

From: Frederick W. Schueler <bckcdb_at_istar.ca>
Date: Sat Oct 8 17:46:01 2005

JMMancasola_at_aol.com wrote:

> Although we fit the description given to unschoolers, I have never liked to label what we do as unschooling because it uses two negative words to describe a very positive way of living.

* sure, but all the great movements have gloried in the derogatory names
given to them by their opponents, so long as the names aren't actually
inaccurate. "Democrat" and "democracy" were terms of abuse up to the
time of the Revolution in the US, and long after that in Canada and
Britain - even when those countries were in fact the most democratic in
the world.

fred.