Re: [Discuss-sudbury-model] compulsory element of sudbury model

From: Tay Arrow Sherman <tay_at_anatomyofhope.net>
Date: Fri Oct 7 16:18:00 2005

Something else I can think of that was compulsory at SVS: you had to
get certified to do certain things. Like to use the darkroom, or sharp
knives. Fine by me if I have to learn which chemicals are dangerous
before I can use the darkroom! Certification protects school meeting
members. Certification protects equipment, which can be expensive.
Certification respects resources.

One thing that was especially helpful for me at SVS was this: there
were rules, and they totally made sense to me.

-Tay

http://www.tayarrowsherman.com/
http://www.olio-academy.com/